Server Update 1.6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Server Update 1.6

Post by UNCL3LARRY on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:11 am

When the server is updated to 1.6, will we keep anything? Cause I would like at least the stuff in our player storage to be safe, or even just our money, cause I can sell all my crap off cheap if we aren't gonna keep it.
UNCL3LARRY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server Update 1.6

Post by MickySethi on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:40 am

Yea, Player Stats are Gonna Be Saved i Guess..
MickySethi

View user profile http://MickySethi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Richje700 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:08 am

We are gonna have a news spawn and new items. Its possible the server might be off since we need a new bukkit and core plugins. Can say what will happend and how fast the plugins will update.

Richje700
co-owner

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UNCL3LARRY on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:42 am

So not even the Player Storages will be saved?
UNCL3LARRY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MickySethi on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:52 am

No..Thats Why were Still giving the Chance to Players To Get Their Stuff..If they are On ASAP
MickySethi

View user profile http://MickySethi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by N0_GRIEF on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Ok you should listen to me and not the others, im going to actually take the time to explain this whole process so i hope you read it.

On monday, when minecraft 1.6 comes out, 1 of 2 things will happen, either the server will be immediately transferred to vanilla bukkit 1.6, or the server will stay at 1.5.2 for a while. It depends on whether bukkit is quick to make a release or not. Bukkit typically takes about 4-14 days to release an updated bukkit version when a major minecraft version is release. Because the new minecraft update covers bug fixes, new npc's, new player events, new blocks, new 'carpets', and more, i don't expect bukkit to make a release right away. If the server stays at 1.5.2, then everything will stay the same, at least for a little while. The second that the SERVER is updated to 1.6, all inventories, economy balances, chests, zones, shops, and worlds will be wiped fresh. No body will have the chance to save, or get back their items or money, so it is a fair fresh start for Everyone. There has been some rumor that i will be refunded money, that is not true, everyone will start at the same amount. The only map that will be kept is the new spawn map. Player plots and player storage are no longer in use and i do not plan on making a new release of the server with them. The server will have no down time caused by the 1.6 update, but if you update your Minecraft before the server is updated, you will not be able to connect until the server is also updated. What i suggest everyone does when 1.6 comes out is to NOT update until the server is updated. Once the server is updated, non-updated clients will not be able to join. I'm not sure how cracked users update their clients but for premium users like myself, DO NOT CLICK ON THE UPDATE BUTTON ON MONDAY. So, to sum it up, yes there will be a WHOLE server wipe when the SERVER is updated to 1.6, hopefully on Monday, if bukkit makes their release on Monday, otherwise it will wait until bukkit makes their release.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://pixealtedreality.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top